MUHAMMADIYAH.OR.ID, YOGYAKARTA – President of Muhammadiyah Haedar Nashir stated differences within Muhammadiyah become responsibility of its people and leadership to strengthen and uphold values of the movement. The endless divergences are afraid to cause Muhammadiyah to be erratic.
“Strong Muhammadiyah leads to great bargaining power. Muhammadiyah cannot easily be predisposed,” declared Haedar.
Muhammadiyah should be tough so that its people have dignity and are respected.
Thus, in the gathering and Regional Congress II of the Regional Board of Muhammadiyah of Malang Regency on Sunday (20/6), Haedar mentions nine characters, namely:
- to believe in progressive Islam,
- to have missions of da’wah and tajdid (renewal),
- to have the moderate ideology,
- to have a modern organization system and wide networks,
- to perform good deeds,
- to take active roles in developing the people and the nation,
- to have universal insights,
- to refrain ourselves from political practice,
- to be role models.